Waste Recycling Equipment, Products, Services, Information
and Related Resources
Columbus Waste Recycling
For local help on Waste Recycling Equipment, Products and Services in Columbus and surrounding areas check out the links below. You can find a large variety of Trash Compactors, Balers, Crushers, Shredders, Grinders, Densifiers and many other waste recycling related resources. If you know of some special Waste Recycling deals in the Columbus area, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider adding it to our website.
Recycling related Classifieds and Auctions in the Columbus Area ...
visit > > WasteCare's Exchange. The listings are free
For helpful Waste Recycling related articles, topics and general reference material such as the information below click here
1. Cardboard waste is a very common type of waste due to its major usages in packaging. Many companies throw away cardboard containers after unpacking the materials inside with no thought to reuse or recycling.
2. Recycling of cardboard conserves natural resources and is therefore good for the environment. It can also save you money because decreasing your waste output decreases the amount of money you have to spend on waste disposal services.
3. This type of recycling isn’t hard to implement. All you have to do is separate it from the rest of your company’s generated waste, prepare it to make it easier to handle and to minimize contamination, store it, and deliver it to a place that processes cardboard.
4. Storage must comply with any fire regulations and is best when it’s easily accessed.
5. Everything should be removed from boxes before storage and boxes should be opened up and flattened to take up less space.
6. Cardboard can be handled in a few different ways. If there is only a small amount generated, it can be placed in dumpsters. For large amounts, balers or compactors can be bought and used or the cardboard can be sent to a different facility that performs these tasks.
When to use a baler or compactor
1. If your business doesn’t produce large quantities of cardboard waste, it’s probably a better idea to have the waste delivered to a drop-off site for processing.
2. Balers and compactors are good for large quantities of waste because they reduce the amount of space needed to store the cardboard. By compressing the materials into smaller sizes, you save room during delivery, which could save you costs on the transportation of your cardboard waste.
3. Compactors are more expensive and require more space than balers, but balers sometimes require manual work and extra labor requirements that aren’t necessary with compactor
4. Balers have better quality control because of the care you have to take when placing your cardboard into the baler.
5. Cardboard may sometimes have to be cut to fit it into the baler if the baler has a smaller chamber.
6. Before deciding whether your business needs a baler or compactor, take the following into consideration:
- Amount of cardboard that needs processing
- Costs for buying a baler or compactor that will meet your needs versus the amount you pay on hauling and dumpsters
- Requirements for labor (as stated above, balers may require more labor than compactors do)
- Space available for placement of a baler or compactor
- Price paid per hauling (The less space your materials take up, the more you can fit in one haul and the less you’ll have to pay)
- Market value of cardboard and the distance from a paper processor or mill that will accept it
- Equipment required for movement of cardboard bales
Copyright © WasteCare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Article can be reproduced only with written permission from WasteCare Corporation. An identifying link to WasteCare Corporation must be placed visibly before and after the printed article and all hyperlinks within article must remain. To obtain permission to reprint this article, please email us at email@example.com . (Reference Article AI2-1124-136 . This page and the remaining website is monitored for copyright infringement by automated scans that include all websites worldwide.