All businesses, large or small, will produce waste. In some instances, the waste may be only paper or water; but for others, hazardous or harmful wastes may be produced which require special disposal and handling methods. Regardless of the amount or type of waste a business produces, they all have one common feature – removal costs! If you want to save your businesses money, reducing your waste is the first place to start.
When an organization makes the decision to consume less and think twice before disposing, there is an automatic reduction in the need to collect and dispose of waste. There are many strategies for reducing waste generation, including:
- Purchasing long-lasting, durable goods and materials
- Reducing or eliminating raw materials that are not a part of your final product or service
- Using toxic materials products
- Cutting back on packaging, water and energy use
- Utilizing in-process methods for recycling
Many waste reduction efforts, such as e-mail instead of printed copies and double-sided printing, are easy to implement and inexpensive, they only require a positive attitude and willingness to change!
WasteCare Wants You to Remember: Waste prevention is a business strategy from which any company, regardless of size or type, can benefit.